Digital Health Interventions for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
The investigators are testing two digital health interventions for obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). The investigators hope that these digital health programs will increase access to treatment for OCD.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Eligible Ages
- Over 18 Years
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- At least 18 years of age - Current diagnosis of primary DSM-5 OCD, based on MINI - Currently living in the United States
- Psychotropic medication changes within 2 months prior to enrollment (Participants taking psychotropic medication must have been on a stable dose for at least 2 months prior to enrollment and not change medication during study period) - Past participation in ≥4 sessions of CBT for OCD - Current severe substance use disorder - Lifetime bipolar disorder or psychosis - Acute, active suicidal ideation as indicated by clinical judgment and/or a score ≥2 on the suicidal ideation subscale of the C-SSRS. - Current severe comorbid major depression, as indicated by clinical judgment and/or a QIDS-SR total score ≥ 21 - Current post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) - Concurrent psychological treatment - Does not own a supported mobile Smartphone with a data plan - Lack of technology literacy that would interfere with ability to engage with smartphone treatment
- Study Type
- Intervention Model
- Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose
- Single (Outcomes Assessor)
|12 week Smartphone-delivered CBT for OCD.||
The Health and Well-Being Program
|12 week health and well-being education||
- Koa Health B.V.
Study ContactEmma Wolfe, BA
The primary aims of this study are to test the feasibility, acceptability, and efficacy of two digital health interventions for adults with OCD recruited nationally. Eligible subjects (N=120) will be randomly assigned (50/50 chance) to 12 weeks of app-based CBT on their personal Smartphone or 12 weeks of web-based health and well-being education in addition to completing clinical assessments and questionnaires from home. All participants will have access to a coach to help guide them through their assigned program. Total participation time for the study is approximately 6 months, and all study appointments (5 total) occur over secure phone or video conference call.